Mission and Values
Mission – Our Commitment to You:
Natural State Bodywork creates moments of “ahh- that feels great” and “aha- that’s why” to empower you to feel good and thrive every day. Our mission is to help you find your natural state of wellbeing.
Values – How We Honor Our Commitment:
Our staff is highly educated and focused on helping you feel better – whether that means a moment to relax or an inquiry into pain issues, we are here for you.
Natural State Bodywork strives always for:
Authenticity – being Genuine, operating with High Integrity and Skill
Caring – offering you a Nurturing, Kind and Collaborative approach to complement your wellness goals
Trustworthiness – giving you an Honest, Assured and Ethical treatment session
If we cannot help you, we are happy to refer you to others who might – whether that means to a physician for a medical diagnosis or to another massage therapist whose approach may better align with your needs. Our goal is always to help you feel better between and beyond our sessions together.
Julie provides professional massage and movement therapies that help eliminate stress and manage pain to help you live well and enjoy life. She holds her license to practice massage therapy in Arkansas, Georgia and Ohio.
Julie specializes in therapeutic manual therapy for stress reduction and pain management of multiple conditions, including health issues, pregnancy and sports performance.
Her training includes:
Concentrated studies in:
- Myofascial Release and Structural Integration with Thomas Myers, Anatomy Trains, and Myoskeletal Alignment with Erik Dalton
- Thai Massage, in the U.S., Thailand, and Costa Rica, with teachers through The Sunshine Network
Experience with other massage modalities:
- Sports Massage
- Deep Tissue and Relaxation techniques
- Cranial Sacral Therapy
- Trigger Point and Neuromuscular Therapy
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation and Active Isolated Stretch
Advanced training in yoga and movement studies:
- Julie became a certified yoga teacher Spring 2015, after studying with Shy Sayar, a yoga therapist who trains teachers around the world
- She is also in progress for her advanced certification with Matt and Holly Krepps of Circle Yoga Shala (March 2018)
Julie looks forward to introducing you to a holistic approach to help you achieve your wellness goals. All sessions are customized to you, with education for self-care.