Natural State Bodywork, LLC, is a provider of health services. We are required to maintain and keep records regarding your massage and bodywork treatments confidential, secure, and accessible only to those persons with legal right to view them. Our confidentiality and privacy practices are as follows:
Use and Disclosure of Records
To ensure your privacy, we do the following:
- We primarily keep electronic records online through two 3rd party vendor specialists:
- We do not currently fax, email, or otherwise transfer your confidential records electronically. If, in the future, we begin to transfer confidential health records, we will only do so in strict compliance with the law.
- The only information we may email with you about should be appointment confirmations, reminders and receipt of payment, if requested.
- You should not include sensitive information in emails to us – we generally will not ask for your credit or debit card number, password, prescription or other sensitive information in an email and you should assume that if you get such a request, it might be fraudulent.
- You agree to do what you reasonably can to help promote security (such as by not sharing your password with anyone).
- All records we keep through the above vendors or via email are encrypted with a secure socket layer (SSL). All electronic storage devices or computers used to access this data are strictly accounted for and kept securely in our control in accordance with the law.
- We store any of your paper records (e.g. doctor referral for tax exemption) in a locked file. We only remove this file when in use. The file is returned immediately after use.
- We do not disclose, publish, or share your confidential records with any third party without your written authorization, except when required to do so by law, such as a court-ordered subpoena. If your treatment is covered by insurance or worker’s compensation, we may also be required to submit your treatment records to your insurance provider.
You, the client, have the right to review, correct, or obtain copies of your records upon written request. After receipt of your written request, we will notify you when the records are available. At that point, you may come to our office during normal business hours, by appointment, to obtain your records, or you may request that the copies be mailed to you. Copies will be provided within fourteen (14) days of your request.
To request copies, please contact:
Natural State Bodywork
2988 N. High St., Suite A
Columbus, OH 43202